Climate-friendly CO2-neutral arrival by train.
Long-distance trains provide fast connections to Lutherstadt Wittenberg, but the city of the Reformation can also be reached quickly and conveniently by commuter trains and local trains, among others from Leipzig, Dessau, Magdeburg, Halle and Berlin.
Lutherstadt Wittenberg train station is located in the city center. From here it is only about a 10-minute walk to the UNESCO World Heritage Luther House and other Luther sites.
Arrival by bike
Cyclists reach Lutherstadt Wittenberg on the R1 European Cycle Route, which leads west to Boulogne-sur-Mer and east to St. Petersburg. Nature lovers ride through idyllic countryside on the Berlin-Leipzig Cycle Route. Cyclists on the Elbe Cycle Path ride through the Middle Elbe Biosphere Reserve to the historic Luther City of Wittenberg.
Arrival by bus
The World Heritage Bus Line 304 connects the UNESCO World Heritage Sites Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Wörlitz and Dessau-Roßlau.
Status of timetable information 21.02.2022. Subject to change.
Arrival by car
On the A9 freeway (Nuremberg - Berlin), take the Coswig exit (8) and then follow the B187 to Lutherstadt Wittenberg. You drive on the B187 until you turn right onto the Hafenbrücke/B2. There you take the next exit to the right. After about 500 meters you reach your destination with the center of Wittenberg.
Arrival by e-car
If you arrive by electric car, you can recharge your car with electricity here:
- Lutherstadt Wittenberg municipal utility parking lot.
- Lucas-Cranach-Str. 22, 06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- Parking lot main station - west side
- At the main station 1, 06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- Parking lot city administration
- Lutherstraße 56, 06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- Parking lot Elbstraße/Wallstraße, 06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- Wallstraße/Castle Square 1d, 06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- Wilhelm-Weber-Str. 4, 06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg