Leucorea Lutherstadt Wittenberg

Universität Leucorea in Wittenberg

The ancient Wittenberg university "Alma Mater Leucorea" was already founded in 1502 and in its time surpassed all other universities in Germany.

The most important scholars of this time studied and taught in the University of Leucorea, as did Martin Luther and Philipp Melanchthon.

The buildings, except for the Augusteum, are now no longer original. In 1994 the Leucorea Foundation was founded with the aim of re-establishing academic life at the place where one of the most prestigious universities existed 500 years ago. After the reunion with the University of Halle (Saale), a campus for learning and research has now been created in the Lutherstadt Wittenberg.

The LEUCOREA offers various scientific events of national and international character in its rooms and also provides rooms for individual meetings. 

Bibliothek der Universität Leucorea
Piano in der Universität Leucorea

Address

LEUCOREA
Foundation of Public Rights
Martin-Luther-Univesity Halle–Wittenberg
Collegienstraße 62
06886 Lutherstadt Wittenberg