St. Petri-Pauli Church
The baptistery of Martin Luther, also called center baptism, welcome visitors with an impressive baptismal font.
The St. Petri-Pauli Church hidden behind residential houses, was built from 1447 to 1518 in Lutherstadt Eisleben. Martin Luther was baptized on 11 November 1483 while the church was still under construction. In the heart of the church, there is a late Gothic carved altar the central panel of which shows Anna Selbdritt. The church tower conceals the three late medieval bells, Apollonia, Benigna, and Anna, made by Pawel Moes, which have been calling people to church for 500 years. A completely preserved set of three bells as in the St. Petri-Pauli church is extremely rare and reflects the importance the mining town enjoyed at the time.
April - 11th November
- Mon–Sat, 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Sun, 11.00 am – 4.00 pm
12th of November - 31th of March
- Mon–un, 11.00 am – 3.00 pm
a donation is requested
St. Petri-Pauli-Kirche (center baptism)
Andreaskirchplatz 11 (local office)
06295 Lutherstadt Eisleben